Dreaming of seeing your own inlay design in a guitar? Now is your chance by joining Maestro Inlay Design Contest. Selected inlays will be used on some of our limited edition guitars and winning entry will receive a Maestro Elite Series ED-1 worth S$499 furnished with the winning inlay.
Please scroll down to view competition mechanics and terms and conditions.
Send an email to email@example.com for all competition-related queries.
- Open to everyone.
- Contestants must submit an original fingerboard inlay design in JPEG or PSD format using the provided fingerboard as a guide.
- Please indicate what materials are to be used for the inlay, for example, wood (specify type of wood), abalone, mother of pearl, etc. It is not necessary to affix the material in the image but doing so will be helpful in visualizing the overall feel of the design.
- Inlay design must not be offensive or degrading to another religion, race, class or ethnicity.
- Only entries that are affixed in the mock-up fingerboard will qualify.
- Contestants can submit as many entries as they can.
- Criteria for judging are as follows:
35% Overall Design and Execution
20% Concept and Originality
30% Mass Appeal
2 Points for each Share of entry on Maestro’s Facebook Page
1 Point for each Like on entry posted on Maestro’s Facebook Page
Computation of Mass Appeal is (contestant’s points / total highest score of a contestant)*30%.
- Plagiarized or copied entries will warrant automatic disqualification.
- Contestants can submit an entry using various images downloaded from the web given that it does not infringe someone else’s copyright.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 PM (+8:00 GMT) February 24, 2013.
- Winner will be announced on March 1, 2013.
How to Join:
- Download and accomplish the registration form.
- Download Official Fingerboard Layout where you will draw or paste your designs.
- Submit your design and accomplished registration form on or before February 24, 2013 by emailing the official entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject heading as: Inlay Design Competition: Contestant’s Name
- For multiple entries, contestants only need to submit registration form once.
- Once entry is screened, contest organizer will post entry on Maestro’s FB page with following format, TITLE of DESIGN by @NAME of CONTESTANT. Contestants can promote their entry as soon as it is posted.
- Contestants are not allowed to post their entry directly on Maestro Facebook wall. Only those that are posted by Maestro will be official entries.
Terms and Conditions:
- Contestants will free Maestro from any indemnity or liability for the submitted materials.
- Contestants allows Maestro to use submitted designs for future business use. Maestro in return will acknowledge the designer or contributor of such inlays on official product photos posted.
- If winner is based overseas, the winner will shoulder all costs in shipping the prize to their desired destination, inclusive of all taxes, insurance, and custom duties.
- Prize is not convertible to cash and is not exchangeable or returnable.
- Delivery of prize is 30 to 60 days from date of announcement.