Maestro instruments are made using the best in materials and in a humidity and temperature controlled environment. All materials and methods are industry standard or better. We stand behind our work, and we take care of my customers, thus provide the following Limited Lifetime Warranty. This warranty is non-transferable. We ask that you register your instrument either online or through the warranty card provided by your Authorized Dealer within 30 days from date of purchase to activate warranty. In order for Maestro to provide proper warranty service, it is necessary that the purchaser of a new instrument assume the following responsibilities:
1. Retain proof of purchase documents for the duration of the warranty period. Owner will be requested to present proof of purchase and identification when claiming warranty services.
2. Notify the Authorized Maestro Dealer you purchased the instrument from of any apparent defects promptly upon their discovery. If your concern has not been resolved within 30 days, contact Maestro directly.
3. Permit a Maestro Warranty Repair centre to provide the necessary warranty service during official business hours. If you feel that defect still exists, contact the Authorized Maestro Dealer near you. You may also contact Maestro directly.
What this warranty covers:
ONE (1) YEAR PARTS AND LABOR:
Tuning hardware, tail piece, bridge, plating, pickguard and electronic components.
Top, neck, back and sides
Maestro will replace any individual component that by a competent technical entity is determined to be defective, without charge for parts or labour. Parts replaced under this warranty are warranted for the remainder of the original parts warranty or for 30 days, whichever period is longer. Maestro reserves the right to utilize reconditioned parts and subassemblies as warranty replacements in the repair of the product. In the event Maestro determines that the unit cannot be repaired, Maestro will replace the defective unit with either the same model product or one that is reasonably equivalent. Maestro does not guarantee that the replacement will match the existing or original piece. Any insurance covering the instrument, including but not limited to collector’s value insurance, must be carried by owner at owner’s expense.
THIS WARRANTY IS VALID ONLY FOR NEW MAESTRO INSTRUMENTS PURCHASED FROM AN AUTHORIZED MAESTRO DEALER AND IS APPLICABLE ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER. Maestro warranty is not transferable from the original owner to a subsequent owner, and does not cover Maestro guitars purchased outside the Republic of Singapore, where Maestro distributors assume responsibility for repairs and service**.
**Customers who purchased product outside the Singapore should contact their local distributor for the handling and resolution of all warranty issues
MAESTRO DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES. MAESTRO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, ANY INCONVENIENCE, ANY OTHER LOSS, ANY LOST PROFITS, OR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, OR THE BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, OR THE USE THEREOF. MAESTRO’s sole and exclusive responsibility shall be as provided under this Warranty and, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL MAESTRO BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THIS WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY, WHICH MAESTRO MAKES WITH RESPECT TO YOUR MAESTRO PRODUCT. MAESTRO DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THE EXPRESSED LIMITED WARRANTY STATED HERE.
What this warranty does not cover:
- Failures that are the result of improper operations, maintenance or repair.
- Failures that result from abnormal strain, neglect, modification, accidental damage
- Usage of improper gauge of strings which instrument is not built for
- Damage during shipping
- Failures resulting from exposure to extremes in temperature or relative humidity.
- Geometric changes on Neck, Top, Back, Sides.
- Loose glue joints as results of dry/hot environment.
- Your guitar is constructed from solid wood that was carefully dried and seasoned (The Elite and Conservatory Series have a solid top and laminated back and sides). Solid wood will absorb moisture in wet climates and give off moisture in dry climates. If you live in a desert, high mountain, or cold winter region, you will experience dry weather from time to time which could crack your guitar. If not taken cared of properly, your guitar will crack. This damage is very serious and is not covered by this limited warranty, but can easily be prevented by storing your guitar in its case and follow proper humidification care.
- Products purchased from dealers not authorized by Maestro to sell Maestro Products.
- Products whose trademark, name, or identification numbers have been altered or removed.
- Failures traceable to repairs/modifications performed by anyone not authorized by Maestro to perform such services.
- Guitars no longer owned by the original purchaser.
- Normal wear including strings, frets, finish (Cracking/checking), fingerboard, bridge-plate, bridge-pins, metal tarnish, accidental damage, and abuse.
- Factors of which are subjective perception. This being the case, it cannot be guaranteed.
- Tone. Tone is based on the subjective perception of the listener.
- Action. Action is of personal preference. All maestro guitars are adjusted to standard specs.
- Any product that Maestro manufactured/commissioned before 1st JAN 2011 or warranty void is indicated.
- All Shipping and insurance charges to and from the workshop for authorized repairs.
How to register your instrument:
Authorized Dealers will be providing Maestro Warranty Card upon your purchase of the instrument. Please do accomplish and submit the warranty card to your dealer within thirty (30) days from date of purchase.
You can also register your instrument online through our warranty registration page.